Serious Illnesses and
Injuries Caused by Vaccines
THE NATIONAL VACCINE INJURY COMPENSATION PROGRAM
THE NATIONAL VACCINE INJURY COMPENSATION PROGRAM is a no-fault program of the United States government which compensates persons injured by and the families of persons who die as a result of reactions to the following vaccines:
There Are Two Ways to Obtain Compensation Through the Program:
- DTP - Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis Vaccines
- DTaP - Diptheria, Tetanus, Acelluar Pertussis Vaccines
- MMR - Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccines
- Tetanus (DT, Td and Tetanus vaccines)
- IPV - Inactivated Polio Vaccines
- Hepatitis B Vaccines
- HIB - Haemophilus Influenza Type b Vaccines
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) Vaccines
- Rotavirus Vaccines
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines
- Hepatitis A Vaccines
- Trivalent Influenza Vaccines
- Meningococcal Vaccines
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccines (Gardasil)
Claims are decided by the United States Court of Federal Claims, Office of the Special Masters. www.uscfc.uscourts.gov
- Demonstrate that the injured person, or the person who died, suffered an illness or injury described in the Vaccine Injury Table within the time period given in the Table; or
- Demonstrate that one of the vaccines above caused a person to suffer an illness or injury or caused a person's death.
Attorney Fees and Costs
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program pays the attorney fees and costs of persons who submit a claim for compensation. The attorney fees and costs are not deducted from the compensations paid to a person injured by a vaccine or the family of a person who dies as a result of a vaccination.
The compensation paid by the Program to a person injured by a vaccination can include the cost of:
The Program also compensates injured persons for pain, suffering and emotional distress (limited to $250,000) and loss of wage earning capacity.
- Medical care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Supervising and caring for injured person at home
- Special equipment
- Home modifications
- Residential care
- Transportation for the injured person
The compensation paid to the family of a person who dies as the result of a Program vaccination is $250,000.
The money used to pay the compensation paid by the Program is generated by a tax on the vaccinations covered by the Program.
The law creating the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is 42 USC 300aa-11 through 42 USC 300aa-34.
Note: the information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Any email sent via the Internet using email addresses listed in this web site would not be confidential and would not create an attorney-client relationship.
Attorney at Law
752 Addison Ave, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301
P.O. Box 1768, Twin Falls, Idaho 83303
(208) 734-5769 fax